Jul 4, 201212:31 AMCreative Parenting
4th of July Poppers
The 4th of July is always full of colorful displays and lots of noise. These poppers are sure to be both—plus, they are completely safe for kids of all ages.
- Toilet paper roll
- Tissue paper
- Construction paper
- Hole punch
- Paint or markers
- Color or paint your toilet paper roll.
- Cover one end of your toilet paper roll with tissue paper.
- Use the hole punch to punch out approximately 30 holes from the construction paper.
- Put the dots into the toilet paper roll.
- Glue a second piece of construction paper to the open end.
- After your popper dries, take it outside and smash it in between both hands to make it "pop."
- Watch the confetti fly
Make several and share with friends and family. Fill them up with more confetti, curly ribbon or sequins for a bigger display.
Happy 4th of July!
Find more creative things for your family at Terri's Creative Parenting blog.