Enter MetroFamily's 2012 Cover Kids Search
The search is on to find fresh faces and bright smiles to light up our covers in 2013—enter MetroFamily’s Cover Kids Search today!
Our finalists have been selected in each category and it's now time to vote!
Visit our voting page from Friday, October 5, 2012 at 8:00am through Friday, October 12, 2012 at 11:59pm and vote once per each category. Please note that you must select a photo and click "Save Vote" for each category in which you wish to vote.
- Submit a quality, candid photo of your child through by Friday, September 28, 2012 at 11:59pm. [EXTENDED DEADLINE!]
- The photo cannot be taken by a professional photographer and all professional photos will be disqualified. The photo should feature only the child you are entering in the contest and no other children or adults.
- Entry fee is $25 per child.
- You may enter more than one child, but a separate entry fee is required per child.
- Entrants receive a Fall Fun Pack, valued at more than $200, that includes tickets to fun local attractions. (See below!)
- The finalists in each category will be chosen by Magna Talent Agency of Oklahoma City and will be announced by October 4, 2012.
- After the finalists are chosen, the public will determine each category’s winner by an online popular vote from October 5-12, 2012.
- Each of the six winners will be professionally photographed and featured on one of our covers in 2013!
Enter your child's photo in one age category, based on their age as of September 29, 2012:
- Ages 0-18mos
- 19 mos-3 years
- 4-7 years
- 8-11 years
- 12-18 years
- Special Needs (All ages, 0-18)
Plan to attend our fun Cover Kids Search event sponsored in conjunction with Quail Springs Mall’s fashion show event, Fashion Rules, on Saturday, September 29, from 11am-3pm. Please note that attendance at the Cover Kids Search event is not required to enter the contest and does not increase your odds of winning.
At this event, entrants will enjoy stage entertainment, hands-on activities and will be able to meet representatives from Magna Talent Agency. (Late entries will be accepted at the event for a late fee of $30 each.) Also, each entrant into the contest can have their photo taken by Glamour Shots and receive a mock-up of their child on a MetroFamily cover! (A .pdf image will be provided to the family a few weeks after the event.) To receive your child's photo on a MetroFamily cover, you must either enter the Cover Kids contest (online or at the event) or bring a school supply/donate $5 to Team Up OKC. To have your photo taken by Glamour Shots for a mock-up cover, interested families will need to check in at the MetroFamily booth upon arrival.
Live entertainment at the event will include:
- 11:00am—Sugar Free All Stars
- 12:15pm—Mad Science
- 1:30pm—Doggy Fashion Show
- 2:15pm—Velocity Dance Center
There will also be ongoing fashion shows throughout the event, plus hands-on activities and booths with information of interest to families.
Enter today and receive a Fall Fun Pack:
For entering MetroFamily's Cover Kids Search, participants will receive a Fall Fun Pack in the mail with the following tickets and passes, valued at over $200. (Please note that you will receive your Fall Fun pack 10-14 days after entering)
- One ticket to the Museum of Osteology ($6.50 value)
- One child's ticket to Science Museum Oklahoma ($9.95 value)
- One child's ticket to the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum ($5.75 value)
- One ticket to the OKC Philharmonic's upcoming "The Christmas Show" concert on Thursday, November 29 at 7:30pm. ($42 value)
- Free sitting fee and 8X10 from Glamour Shots ($98.95 value)
- Tickets to two attractions at Andy Alligators Fun Park for a choice of mini-golf, climbing wall, go-karts, bumper cars or frog hopper. (up to $11.90 value)
- Pass for a free paint n' play admission for ages 18 months-10 years at Unpluggits Play Studio ($7 value)
- Skate Galaxy, free admission for one ($8 value)
- Two Jump Passes for Bouncin Craze ($15 value)
- Art Pass for Art N Craze ($7.50 value)
The Important Fine Print:
By submitting a photo into our Cover Kids Contest, you agree that MetroFamily Magazine can use the photo online and/or in print for promotional purposes at any time and that the photo was not taken by a professional photographer. You understand that you will not be provided with any compensation for the use of the photo for any purpose, whether as a photo in print, online or for promotional purposes. If your photo is used for promotional purposes, your child will only be identified by first name and last initial. You also understand upon entering the contest that there is no guarantee that your child will be selected as a finalist and that the selection of finalists is decided solely by Magna Talent Agency. You recognize that all decisions are final.