Ultimate 19 for 2019 Family Bucket List
Our favorite resolution will always be family fun! And we want to make sure that is an easy one for your family. Here is our Ultimate Family Bucket List for 2019. Choose one or two activities each month and you are sure to have a great year.
1. Break out of your routine to play tourists in your own town. Spend an afternoon or a whole day visiting new destinations like the Wheeler District or iconic attractions like the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum. OKC's new Streetcar makes a day downtown easier than ever.
4. Plan a getaway! Whether your destination is near or far, we’ve got plenty of inspiring ideas. Looking to experience something new? Tulsa just opened a brand-new, nearly 100-acre park called the Gathering Place.
6. Commit to spending some individual time with your little ones at one of these local Mommy & Me classes.
8. Explore a new park. We are so excited about a new trend popping up all over the metro. More and more local parks are making upgrades and adjustments to make them more inclusive to kids with disabilities. Take a look at these all-inclusive playgrounds for every age and ability!
9. Plan a family campout with these pro tips for camping with kids to help make sure your outdoor endeavors reap the plentiful benefits.
12. Add some nostalgia to your summer at a drive-in movie. While the number of drive-ins has dwindled over the years, there are still a few in operation in the metro ready for your family to enjoy a blockbuster flick alfresco.
13. Explore nature at one of Oklahoma’s beautiful state parks.
14. This fall, head to a county fair for some old-school family fun. Play some classic games, ride some wild rides and enjoy some tasty fair treats together.
15. Slow down and drop a line at a local fishing spot.
16. Plan your own “tour around the world” by visiting new-to-you restaurants owned and operated by immigrants sharing their love of their culture and food.
17. Volunteer together! Our city is full of worthy organizations that would love to welcome your family.
18. Travel back in time to explore Prehistoric Oklahoma. If your kids have a fascination with all things prehistoric, Oklahoma is a great place to feed that passion. Here are four must-see attractions for dinosaur lovers and ancient history lovers.
19. Challenge your family to try something new. Our searchable calendar is jammed pack with family fun every day all year long!
Best wishes to you and yours for the new year,
About the author: Born and raised in the Oklahoma City metro and a graduate of the Gaylord College of Journalism at the University of Oklahoma, Lindsay Cuomo has worked for MetroFamily since 2014 covering local stories, people and events. Lindsay is a mom to three school-aged boys and calls Moore, Oklahoma home.